Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Sweet Sight to See

I walked into our bedroom the other day to check in on Spencer's progress on homework, and this is what he was looking at on his laptop:


"What are you doing?!!"
"I am just looking. Don't get too excited."
"I know! But you're looking at adoption stuff!!!"
"Yep."

So we spent the next few minutes looking at country guidelines and dreaming of our future multi-cultural family.

It was one of those moments where my heart just swelled with pride and love. I am not sure that I have ever loved him more, or been more in awe at the fact that I got to marry him. The Lord did not need to give me a spouse who has a heart for the orphan or wants to adopt. But He did.

I prayed for a husband who would pursue this calling with me and the Lord answered that prayer. How great is our God!

1 comment: